The Kingmakers are Ottawa Canada's original ice-cold rockabilly combo! They play a high-octane mix of rockabilly, jump jive, hillbilly boogie and good old rock and roll which appeals to all ages and is guaranteed to get your toes tapping. The band recorded at legendary SUN Studio - the birthplace of rock and roll in Memphis Tennessee, as well as Cowboy Jack Clement's studio in Nashville, and Hi-Style Studio in Chicago and have released 4 albums in 6 years!
• February 26 - an evening with The Kingmakers at Irene's Pub, Ottawa
• April 4 - Viva Las Vegas at the Orleans Hotel, Las Vegas NV - Bienville Room at 1pm FB
• June 2015 - The Kingmakers are proud to be taking part in the 2015 TD Ottawa Jazz Festival! More details
• May 2015 - check out a video of our performance in Vegas here
• April 2015 - check out some photos from our perfomance in Las Vegas here
• Nov. 2014 - The Kingmakers are very proud to announce they've been invited to perform at Viva Las Vegas, the world's largest rockabilly festival, in April 2015! The band will be joining bands from the USA and around the world and showcasing material from their 4 albums in the Bienville room at the Orleans Hotel in fabulous Las Vegas! Get your tickets now!
- Aug. 2014 - The Kingmakers have had songs used in dozens of US television programs, the latest being their song "That Is That" on an episode of Say Yes To The Dress Atlanta!
- May 2014 - new video for "Drinking Doubles and Acting Single" shot live while recording in Chicago! Youtube
- The Kingmakers release their fourth album "Chicago Hi-Style" - recorded at Hi-Style studio in Chicago (JD McPherson, Eddie Clendening) the group represents their most diverse effort to date, featuring 13 new original tunes
- In 2013 The Kingmakers placed songs in dozens of TV shows including Auction Kings, Pawn Stars, Cajun Pawn Stars, Toddlers & Tiaras, American Pickers, American Restoration, Chainsaw Gang, Barter Kings and many more!
The Kingmakers "Well Well Michelle" to appear in season 8 episode 3 of Roadtrip Nation on PBS in the US!
- review in Blue Suede News says " The band sound at the top of their game, well rehearsed, and ready to rock." Read more
- Country Music People magazine (UK) says The Kingmakers are "Swingin' country/rockabilly pulled off with aplomb
- Feb. 2011 - rockabilly-online.com says the CD is "a must" - Read
- review in CMDS Magazine (Scotland) says "your feet won't stop tapping" Read More
- nominated for best album of 2010 in Ottawa Xpress - vote here!
- September 2010 - CD Release Sept. 10! Lots of radio and TV coverage so far, check out the Press page!
- August 2010 - 3 free downloads and purchase of our first 2 albums in a variety of formats now available here!
- June 2010 - The Kingmakers just travelled to Nashville TN and recorded at Cowboy Jack Clement's studio. Legendary rockabilly drummer JM van Eaton (Jerry Lee Lewis, Billy RIley) played on 3 tracks, and just-as-legendary singers The Jordanaires (Elvis Presley and lots more) sang on 2 tunes! Finishing touches are now being put on the album for its September release!
- May 2010 - The Kingmakers are heading to Nashville to record their 3rd album. They will be recording at the legendary Cowboy Jack Clement's Recording Arms and Spa. And SUN Records drummer JM van Eaton may be involved! Details to follow...
- April 1, 2010 - The Kingmakers play WestFest media launch, and will be playing the 2010 festival - check out the amazing lineup!
- March 2010 - The Kingmakers welcome new drummer Ian Cook to the fold. Ian is a veteran of many Ottawa bands and one of Ottawa's biggest rockabilly fans. We're looking forward to recording our 3rd album with Ian on the traps!
- Tupelo To Memphis #17 on the national roots/blues/folk chart!
|Debut "Live at SUN Studio", 2nd CD "Tupelo To Memphis", 3rd CD "Last Night In Nashville" and new album "Chicago Hi-Style" all available to listen and purchase on our music page and at gigs.